Monday, June 26, 2017

Hall of Mosses

Olympic National Park





I am ending this segment on Olympic National Park with the highlight of the trip:  A walk through the Hall of Mosses in the Hoh Rain Forest.

I travel to find magic in the world and this is a place where magic exists.  The minute you walk across the bridge you enter an ethereal world with so many shades of green, it defies description.  Jade.  Olive.  Chartreuse.  Emerald.  Sage.  The English language seems suddenly hampered.  Blue-Green.  Yellow-Green.  Sea-Green.  Pea-Green.  Words fail me.  As do my photographs.  They cannot properly illustrate the vastness of this forest.  Or the creepy feeling that these moss-laden limbs are the arms and legs of fantastical creatures that follow me home . . .

in my dreams.














No comments:

Post a Comment