Friday, March 3, 2017

Big Sky Blue Sky


I got the blues so bad, it hurts my feet to walk.
This house is on my brain, it hurts my tongue to talk.
                              "Lonesome House Blues"
                                   by Blind Lemon Jefferson






The sky in Montana is indeed Big.  But it is also very very Blue.  Every day I was there, I would look up in complete awe.  The color blue is so beautiful.  And peaceful.  It uplifted my spirits to such a degree that I kept asking myself, "Why are the blues called the blues?"  It makes no sense.

Depression is heavy and dark.  This sky was light.  Weightless.  Filled with sunshine.  It swallowed me up into its depths.  It carried me through space.
 










1 comment:

  1. That certainly is Big Beautiful Blue sky. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete