Thursday, August 4, 2016

Wildflower Eruption

Mount St. Helens Volcanic National Monument






To see a mosaic of wildflowers where destruction once reigned gives me hope that the world will continue to heal itself--no matter what.

Purple lupines sway in the wind.  Clusters of Indian Paintbrush mingle with pumice and scree.  I don't even mind the swaths of yellow dandelions.  They are considered pesky weeds back home, but here at the base of Mount St. Helens they provide much needed vitamins and minerals to the soil they now inhabit.

The explosion of color is a bonus to my excursion here.  It caught me by surprise because I did not expect it.  It seems amazing, but true; that there is no place else I'd rather be on this late summer's day than on a slope of a volcano erupting with wildflowers.













1 comment:

  1. Nature's way of renewal at its best.Great shots of the flowers.

    ReplyDelete