Friday, January 29, 2016

Wenatchee River Winterscape

for R.






Where are we going?
                               He and I.
As the snow blankets the earth in silence
and my wool coat mutates into the fur
of a wet dog.

Where are we going?
                               He and I.
As I follow his tracks straining to see
through tunnels of white sheets.

Where are we going?
                               He and I.
As we cross paths with frozen men
and an innocent in an orange parka.

The sky is hidden but I follow
                                                and follow
                                                                  and follow
Knowing he will lead me out of the darkness.
















3 comments:

  1. Oh My. You have me wanting to pack up all my sweaters and socks and jump on a northerly headed airplane. That first photo just did it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful but I am happy to admire from the comfort of home .On the other hand , my husbands comments were ," I'd love that, just add thermals and layers you'd be fine".

    ReplyDelete