Sunday, November 22, 2015

Twilight on the River

I give up.  And give in.  To destiny, that is.  Clothes find me.  Not the other way around.  Therefore, I'm done with shopping.

Case in point:  A week ago I made a special trip into Portland to buy a puffer coat.  I tried on hundreds of them and concluded that these goose-down pillow coats weren't for me.  None of them spoke to me. (Probably because I looked ridiculous in every single one of them.) It was a very frustrating experience.

Then lo and behold I walked into a ski shop this week in Hood River to inquire about renting cross-country gear when I heard it.  "Yo, Marea.  Over here."

And there it was:  A beautiful little puffer jacket the color of twilight.

"Put me on and you'll become one with the river."

While my travel buddy was looking at skis, I surreptitiously slipped it on.  Sure enough, the Columbia River washed over me.  I felt the mist brush my cheek.  The grayish blue sky caress my skin.

"See?  I told you, didn't I?"

  I loved this talking jacket.  I needed this jacket.  This jacket and I would take daily walks along the stainless steel shoreline.  This jacket would keep me warm.
My husband was shocked when I tapped his shoulder and he looked up.  "I don't believe it.  You finally found a puffer."  Then he looked at it more closely.  He felt the softness of the faux fur collar, the woolen sleeves and fleece-lined pockets.  "Well, sort of a puffer," he said.  "A puffer.  Marea style."

 I kept quiet and simply grinned.  The truth is:  I didn't find this jacket at all; this jacket found me.





Linking with Visible Monday

6 comments:

  1. I love the talking jacket. And the peaceful scenes. Thanks for linking up!

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Stainless steel shoreline" I love that. It is nice when clothes call out, isn't it? Well worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the skirt!
    www.fashionandfoodandotherstuff.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the skirt!
    www.fashionandfoodandotherstuff.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurrah. United with the puffer! I think it helps that the sleeves are not puffed as well. It looks warm and gorgeous. A big win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So clever of the jacket to find you, you two were made to be together.I am sure this one will keep you warm and cosy for many Winters to come.

    ReplyDelete