Thursday, October 1, 2015

Have Hat Will Travel

Have hat will travel

                      through life





Although I have amassed a rather large collection of hats, it is my wide brimmed black fedora that I reach for over and over again.  It goes with me everywhere.  It's like a trusted friend.  I can count on it on bad hair days.  (Or any day, for that matter.)  It goes with everything I have in my closet.

It completes me.

I know.  I know.  That last statement sounds shallow and mawkishly sentimental, but it's the truth.  I feel naked without this hat.  All these photographs from various posts on my blog, prove my point.  My wide brimmed black fedora has become my signature piece without me really even knowing it.  

No use fighting it.  It has claimed me.


Have hat will travel

                       through life





Sharing with my tribe at Hat Attack.





5 comments:

  1. Stellar hat! And I love that word mawkish.
    Well, the hat has certainly wormed its way into your life, to great effect. It provides shade and style and clearly it goes with pretty much everything. I have yet to find my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one well travelled hat. Always good to have a favourite, especially when it looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great traveling companion, and it looks as though you've been to some wonderful places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly what you're talking about. I have several hats that have claimed me. You look beautiful in each of the above photos. Hats make fabulous companions. Thank you for sharing your favorite chapeau with Hat Attack!

    ReplyDelete