Sunday, September 13, 2015

Waiting to Board

While waiting to board the sternwheeler for a dinner cruise last Friday evening, my travel buddy and I explored the Marine Park at Cascade Locks.  We have been told by the locals that once the weather changes, it's good-bye to summer.  There's no easing into winter like in Southern California.  Here, it's boom!  One day it's warm; the next it's cold.

So we took advantage of the warm evening and the 7:30 sunset and booked this cruise.  I wore my favorite white summer dress and paired it with a big scarf I purchased recently at Madewell.  As I write this post and look out the window, I can see dark clouds in the distance.  The temperature has dropped twenty degrees.

So good-bye summer.  Good-bye white flowy dresses.
Or maybe not.  There's always leggings, right?  And a big black chunky sweater.  Make my white summer dress into a winter white dress.  Add snow boots and mittens.  Who says you can't wear white after Labor Day?  Not me!

  NO MORE RULES.
I AM FREE TO BE.
ME.





Linking up with Visible Monday.  So happy Patti is hosting this fashion round-up again.  I've missed you all!

5 comments:

  1. I've missed you too Marea! You look gorgeous and I love that wrap. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your scarf, what a beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful white dress and a gorgeous look with great scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Late summer / early autumn is the best time of the year. The last chance to enjoy the warm weather, the last opportunity to wear flowy dresses... You just appreciate it more, with this sense of urgency. And you look lovely in your white dress, and the wrap is quite stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree Marea, no rules , be free to be you. I really love your white flowey dress with that really great wrap. Wear it as long as you can.
    The animals are really impressive.

    ReplyDelete