Monday, June 1, 2015

Strawberry Fields Forever

I put on my big red strawberry hat and take one last stroll through the Riviera.  The van is packed and ready to go.  Moving Day is finally here.

We will drive north stopping at all the summer fruit stands along the way.  "It's strawberry daiquiris tonight, Babe," my travel buddy reminds me.  He sees the tears well up in my eyes.   "And peaches.  And brie.  And dark chocolate."

I know what he's trying to do.  Snap me out of it.  I want to go.  I want a new adventure.  I really do. And yet . . . and yet . . . .

I take one last look at this beautiful fountain.    Four tiny Ninja Turtles dive in and swim away.  Like my boys have done.  Like I am about to do.  Nothing lasts forever.
 

Except Strawberry Fields.

Good-Bye Santa Barbara!




Sharing with my tribe at Hat Attack.


5 comments:

  1. From what I've heard about Santa Barbara you really are leaving a gorgeous oasis-like place. I hope you find the same beauty in Oregon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful place and a nice look with picture hat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your moving and also dealing with those mixed emotions. We know it is the right thing to do and are filled with anticipation but it is only natural to have some hesitation upon leaving.
    Love you in that stawberry picture hat , a start of new hat adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You write beautifully about you feelings as you leave Santa Barbara. Your photos and your hat are equally gorgeous. Thank you for sharing with Hat Attack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poignant. Bittersweet. These are words that come to mind. I sense the feeling of the jumping-off place. I am excited for you. Updrafts are what you need and will find in Oregon. You already know that in your heart and I wish you happy travels.

    ReplyDelete