Thursday, June 18, 2015

Dressing for the Wind

As I write this post, my travel buddy is already on the water riding the wind on his Mistral.  The wind gods, which lured him here in the first place, are out in full force.  The Columbia River Gorge must be their earthly home.

I explore the shoreline, holding onto my hat the entire time.  My gauzy jacket billows in the wind like one of his sails.  I am eager to hit the stores in Hood River and Portland for new summer clothes.  They must be breezy, baggy, lightweight.  Because I, too, want to sail away. . . sail away . . .  sail away . . .







Sharing with Happiness at Mid-Life

4 comments:

  1. Ah, a billowing, gauzy jacket. It's beautiful. And a hat that threatens to fly away. A perfect windy day. That place is famous along the coast for windsurfing if even I have heard of it. Have fun shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos in a beautiful landscape. I like your look, I like your tunic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are enjoying your new surroundings , in your floaty jacket and hat. I hope you have did some Summer shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous photos! Thank you for sharing them.

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you Thursday.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete