Sunday, March 1, 2015

Dreaming of Paris


 
 
My green beret catapults me to a distant time and place.  I am having a madeleine moment, sitting at the Brasserie de L'Esplanade.  Sonia Rykiel, stunning as ever, walks by and recognizes her sweater.

"Qu'est-ce que tu fais?" she asks me.

"Dreaming of Paris," I reply.

"Dreaming?  But I don't understand, my dear.  Vous etes ici."


And there it is beyond the mission ruins.  The City of Lights.  The city of my dreams.

Ah, the power of a hat!



Linking up with my tribe at Judith's monthly Hat Attack.

7 comments:

  1. Ha! I love your conversation with Sonia. Yes, we three must later get together for wine and baguettes at the cafe down the street. Fantastic hat, capable of creating whole new worlds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to join you and Sonia and Melanie - sounds like a fab time! I need a beret first (maybe I can get one at the airport) and I'm hoping your French is better than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paris definately waiting for you in that wonderful beret and sweater .It would be so happy on the Left Bank.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very playful and "dreamy" post. I too would love to join you in Paris and admire your beret in the process. We must go hat shopping. Thank you for sharing with Hat Attack!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, everybody! Just say when!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dreamy indeed, and your hat is perfect for Judith's link up! Yes, let's go hat shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your bracing on the doorway pose...in heels! That jumper is so sweet with the tie. You certainly would fit right in in Paris! xo Jazzy Jack

    ReplyDelete