Sunday, January 25, 2015

An Ikat Poncho


I've been searching for an ethnic-inspired poncho for months and finally found one at Lola's in Santa Barbara.  It's an Ikat wool poncho made by hand by Lotta Stensson, a designer now located in Los Angeles.  She creates hand-carved wooden blocks from her own artwork and prints them on fabric so each garment is unique.  I fell in love with the color and the wool is very light-weight, making it perfect for California's mild winter season.

Yeah!  My search is over.  This poncho is going to be a travel staple for many years to come.





Sharing my find with fellow fashion lovers at Patti's Visible Monday.

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous poncho! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am new to your blog and wow! that is a beautiful poncho. The dark blue hue is so gorgeous and love the setting!
    from the link up, jess
    please stop by, xx
    http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo shoot. The poncho looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos, the sculptures look fun and make a great background. And the poncho looks really cool and bohemian, beautiful blue. Lotta Stensson, she must be Swedish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, her mother and grandmother were both successful Swedish fashion designers. Lotta started sewing in her tiny New York apartment and eventually moved to L.A. So glad she did!

      Delete
  5. Oh my god, I love love love that poncho, definitely need one, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love ,love them ponchos and yours looks so happening! There's something about the drape of a poncho that attracts me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great poncho,it looks so good on you,I am sure it will travel many miles with you.Your hat is the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous find! I adore the length of the poncho! Thank you for sharing your find my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous poncho - color, length, pattern and all! Beautiful photos, so artistic. I need to visit this place! xxx

    ReplyDelete