Friday, December 12, 2014

Mimi Wears Prada II

I blame it on Mimi and her desire to be a Prada mannequin in Beverly Hills.

Last summer I popped into one of my favorite Resale shops in Santa Barbara.  Saw this trench with the little pleats.  Tried it on.  Loved it.  Marched up to the cash register and put it on the counter.

"That will be $288," the young woman said.

"What!!??"  The whole store went silent.  I had never paid more than $50 for anything in here.  I was in shock.

"It's Prada," she said.

I hadn't even looked at the label.  "But . . . but . . . anyway you can bring it down a bit?"

"Sorry," she said.  "We have a contract with the seller."

Sadly, I shook my head.  "No can do," I murmured.

I walked the three blocks to my car.  Got in.  Sat there for a few minutes.  Finally got out my keys.

"Don't you dare start that car."

I turned around.  Mimi was in the backseat.

"If you don't go buy that little raincoat this very instant you will regret it for the rest of your life."



And so Mimi gets the honors of wearing it first.


1 comment:

  1. Mimi was right, you would have regretted not getting it. Looking forward to seeing it on you.

    ReplyDelete