Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Purple Shoelaces at Midnight


Bouts of insomnia have plagued me most of my adult life.  I used to get up and read or write until drowsiness finally induced sleep.  Now, I shop!  Ah, the wonderful world of the internet.  Ebay.  Etsy.  Zappos.  A global world of shopping at my fingertips.

Although I prefer those brick and mortar stores when the sun is shining, I confess that some of my most beautiful clothes have been purchased between the hours of midnight and three a.m.  My Lilith tulle tunic.  My black satin opera coat.  My tie-dyed Prada skirt.  And these chunky Vanessa Bruno shoes with purple shoelaces that never end.

I know.  I know.  It's an expensive addiction.  Really, I should just pop an Ambien and be done with it.  It would be cheaper in the long run.

But, nah.  My prescription remains unfilled.  I'd rather shop than sleep!



Linking up with the fabulous Mis Papelicos.  Her Share in Style theme this week is Shoes!!!!

4 comments:

  1. so funny! I also suffer from insomnia now and then...usually I read...fortunately, I don't have a credit card so I need not be worried about how the internet shopping would affect my financial affairs. I do however, have to struggle not to buy new books...you're a member of so many libraries, I say to myself...but it hard to let go of our habits,r ight?

    You really must say something more about those shoes...I sense something magical about them...they must have some fun story to share, so do tell!!!

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shopping sounds much more fun than sleeping. You obviously have a great eye if those stunning shoes are anything to go by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a very good sleeper either. You have got yourself a lovely pair of shoes.
    Thank you soooooooooooooo much for being part of Share-in-Style.
    Do forget to come back to vote on Thursday, please, it is all about the fun
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fellow insomniac here... I can't sleep if I'm stressed, or if I have to get up early (which really stresses me out, a vicious circle...) At least you're doing something productive, instead of tossing and turning. Love the shoes, and the colour pop shoe laces.

    ReplyDelete