Monday, October 27, 2014

Trapping a Ghost






I could feel her presence.  An ice-cold chill washed over me as I made my way through the bevy of rooms and down the stairs of this haunted hotel.  The rocking chair squeaked.  The chandelier swayed and the lamps flickered.

There will be no sleeping for you tonight, she whispered.  This is my room.  Not yours.












But I had a trick up my sleeve.  I know magic, you see.  I have searched the four corners of the world for it.  And so I slipped on my jester's mask, knowing she would respond to its tingling bells.  She followed me into the mirror and I trapped her.  The phantom within.







Sharing with Mis Papelicos.  Happy Halloween, Everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Spooky... I love it how your outfit is so in sync with the decor, very stylish, and very theatrical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That jacket is PERFECTION, no wonder the ghosts are after you, lol
    Thank you so much for being part of the Share-in-Style family
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, so pretty jacket and fabulous outfit!, gorgeuss
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story, enjoy Halloween in your wonderful jacket and that stunning mask, no doubt found in your travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mask is a local find, but I purchased the silk jacket in Shanghai. I love pairing it with black jeans.

      Delete
  5. could you please revisit Share-in-Style and VOTE for your favourite look. Voting open until tonight. Thanks a lot.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete