Sunday, October 19, 2014

Surrounded by Green




  I found this flowy silk skirt in a tiny boutique in Paia, on the island of Maui.  I always make time to shop whenever I travel.  I think clothes make great souvenirs, but I was having a hard time in Hawaii finding clothes that spoke to me in a nice way.   All those colorful sundresses were a bit mean:  No way.  Nope.  Sorry, lady, but you're just too old.  Put me back.  Please.  Just give up.  Go buy a muumuu.

Until this skirt saw me and shouted:  YES!

 I knew once I left Hawaii I would never wear one of those floral little dresses again, but this skirt?  This skirt I will wear summer, spring, winter and fall.  It is a mossy green fading into ash.  I had been taking pictures of green foliage all week.  Oh, those neon chartreuse plants!  Those grassy green fields.  Those olive green forests.  All moist with fresh rain or early morning dew.  I love green.  Green is my favorite color.  I had found my souvenir.  Or it had found me, I'm not sure which.

To thine own self be true.  A good rule to follow in life.  Even when shopping for clothes!




Sharing with Patti and friends at Visible Monday.

7 comments:

  1. I agree the skirt was calling your name - it's a beauty. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, you look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great skirt! Isn't it wonderful when you find clothes that seem to scream (or sometimes whisper) your name...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning skirt! Love it and the way your styled it...such a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely skirt, Marea. I have really been taken by the olive shades this season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing outfit!
    I like such a gradient of colors (have any longshirts) and it fits perfectly to the nature around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful skirt, that looks great on you! A souvenir you can wear is always a good thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why this skirt called your name, the style and colours are stunning on you. Love the greens in your photos, too.

    ReplyDelete