Sunday, September 7, 2014

Shredded







He saw me pick up the ripped, bleached jeans and immediately scoffed, "Don't you dare!"

I whined.

"Why on earth would you pay a hundred bucks for jeans with holes in them?"





Because life is not about straight hems and perfectly ironed creases.  It's about those moments when the seams begin to unravel.  It's about getting out the needle and thread and repairing the holes.  Life sometimes falls apart, you know what I mean?  Life's not perfect.  There are days when it's a downright mess.  Clothes reflect this.

I'm buying those jeans!












Sharing with friends at Visible Monday.  (Although, dear Patti, you look so beautiful and chic today I can't help but ask:  Do you ever get unraveled?)

9 comments:

  1. LOL, I become unraveled at the drop of a pin! But thanks for your kind words and for sharing your cool jeans with Visible Monday. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I've just bought myself a deconstructed pair of denims. But what I really love is that cardigan/swoopy/robe-like jacket thing you're wearing. Great color too.
    I like the idea of life unraveling and inspiring our ragged clothing. It gives tattered clothes a whole new meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the back of this garment and your hat is great...you don't look unraveled at all, but very together! :) I hope you will stop by and enter my contest to win a $1000 shopping card for Lafayette 148 new York...they have gorgeous clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you do unravel in style... Very chic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For one unraveled , you have done it so well, great hat, shoes and drapey jacket. Enjoy those jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurrah for ripped-up jeans and piles of bricks. Your sweater reminds me of Miss Fisher, the Australian sleuth and femme fatale from Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love love love those Miss Fisher mysteries! All credit for my tunic, however, goes to Raquel Allegra, the Queen of Shredding!

      Delete
  7. this:
    "Because life is not about straight hems and perfectly ironed creases. It's about those moments when the seams begin to unravel. It's about getting out the needle and thread and repairing the holes. Life sometimes falls apart, you know what I mean? Life's not perfect. There are days when it's a downright mess. Clothes reflect this."

    Is wonderful! I ahve saved this on my destktop and remind myself of this. thank you!!

    Ps love the jeans and the hat is spot on;)!!XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, yeah! 'Course it is! Excellent decision.

    ReplyDelete