Friday, September 12, 2014

Retro Row


I bought this silky leopard print dress in an area of Long Beach, California, called Retro Row--specifically 4th Street between Cherry and Temple.  It's home to an eclectic mix of stores, mostly second-hand, but well-stocked with the coolest clothes anywhere!  Besides this piece, I tried on a Vivienne Westwood Anglomania dress and a Y-2 woolen cape, which I put back on the rack because they were a bit too pricey.  Big mistake.  What was I thinking?
Well, it's because I had my husband and son with me and they nearly choked at the $250 price tag on the Anglomania dress.  Got my husband a Panama hat and my son, a good hearty lunch at KafeNeo, a great Greek restaurant with generous servings.

There are nearly 40 independent shops in this small area of Long Beach, mostly vintage, but all kitschy and fun.  There's a restored 1920's movie theater that shows first-run and art films and lots of quirky restaurants and bars.  My search for beautiful clothes brings me here often.  (But next time, the guys stay home!)


No comments:

Post a Comment