Friday, August 1, 2014

Under My Audrey Hat

I'm under there somewhere.  Hiding from the world.  Under my big 'ole Audrey hat which I love, love, love.  I found it in one of those cavernous second-hand/antique malls that go on forever and ever.  It was coated with dust.  The minute I put it on and looked at my reflection in a mirror (also coated with dust) I swear the ghost of Cary Grant winked back at me.  Charades, anyone?

I got a little lost trying to find my way back to the front of that store.  The place was truly a maze.  Filled with the most marvelous junk and a few genuine treasures.  When I finally reached my destination and plopped it down on the counter, the woman at the cash register asked me, "Where on earth do you wear a hat like this?  Pulling weeds?"

"Of course not," I muttered, a little put off by her remark.  "It's for breakfast at Tiffany's."

She looked puzzled.  I gave her my $8.00(!) and turned around to leave.  A woman with several vintage dresses draped over her arm started to laugh.  "Or a Roman holiday, perhaps?"




Sharing with my friends at the August Hat Attack.  Can't wait to see what everyone is wearing!

4 comments:

  1. What an amazing hat! And it looks great with your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your story and your gorgeous hat. Hanging out in antique malls is one of my favorite things to do. Thank you for sharing with Hat Attack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think one can do any better than an Audrey hat. You really wear it so well.

    Cheers, M-T

    ReplyDelete