Saturday, July 19, 2014

French Lingerie

I bought my first lacy bra and pantie set in a tiny hole-in-the-wall shop in Paris, way back in 1981.  The woman took my measurements and lovingly brought out, one by one, the most delicate, the most beautiful lingerie I had ever seen.  I wore those pieces until they literally fell apart from wear.  Since then, I have amassed quite a collection.

"Ooh-la-la, they make me feel so pretty," Mimi said.  And that's the whole point.

The thing about lingerie is that no one sees it but you.  It's precisely that secrecy that makes it so appealing.  I can be wearing jeans and a sweatshirt, but underneath I have a lacy black and purple bra on.  I still feel feminine, sexy, a bit mysterious and oh so young (very important at my age!).

I am lucky to have a wonderful lingerie shop only blocks from my house--Purrmission in Santa Barbara.  The women who work there are knowledgeable, discreet and very kind.  My husband and I take detours to drive by their provocative windows whenever we are out and about.  I get a lot of gift certificates from there!
French Lingerie.  The secret to a happy marriage!

1 comment:

  1. These are gorgeous! I remember the first time I wore a garter with stockings. I'd never felt so sexy and I think it showed on the outside too.

    ReplyDelete