Friday, March 21, 2014

Shopping in Julian

Although Julian, California, is famous for its apple pie, this small town just an hour's drive from San Diego, is a great place to shop for gifts and clothes.  My sister-in-law and I managed to drain our bank accounts a bit.  I went crazy over all the hats, but because there were so many to choose from, I ended up buying a lightweight summer sweater instead, which Mimi models below.  I love the color blocking.
Mimi's colleagues were professionally trained and lured us into their stores, one after the other.  I must confess this is one reason I love traveling with female companions.  They have no problem keeping up with me and prodding and poking around every single item in a store.  Shopping is always on my itinerary.  Mimi has pointed out that I only buy clothes now when I travel.  It's kind of fun to look in my closet and say.  "I got this in Cambria.  This is Temecula.  And this in Gunnison."

My closet is full of souvenirs!


No comments:

Post a Comment