Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Shopping in Albuquerque


Another advantage to traveling solo is the opportunity to shop to my heart's content and shopping is always Numero Uno on my itinerary.  Well, in Old Town Albuquerque I had my pick of over a hundred stores, each one cuter than the next.  I looked, pawed and tried on heaps of clothes.

"Ooh, look at this suede skirt?  Or this artsy-fartsy blouse.  Isn't it a great print? You'd look so cool in that!"

 Much to Mimi's annoyance, I ignored her and kept to my guns.  "Mimi, I  can't buy fantasy clothes anymore.  I have to remain practical."

"Man, you're getting boring."

So much for traveling solo.  She simply will not let me alone!

I hit the the jackpot at Vintage Cowgirl and . . .okay . . .  maybe fantasy crept in a bit.  I think it was a compromise.   A long skirt made out of sweatshirt material and a silk summer dress that in Santa Barbara I can layer with a chunky sweater in the winter months.  Anyway, it shut Mimi up and I was able to continue shopping in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment