Sunday, December 15, 2013

Red Bags and Green Jackets
















Bah.  Humbug.  Scrooge's words were mild compared to the profanity uttered from my mouth the days prior to Christmas.  Working retail does this to a person!  For years it was something I just had to get through.  I was the manager on duty who closed the store Christmas Eve.  I was the one who opened the doors on the 26th to a line of women wanting to exchange a Size 10 for a Size 8 (which, of course, we no longer had).

HOWEVER, now that I'm retired I can once again enjoy the festivities surrounding this glitzy holiday.  This year I brought every single one of my 26 nutcrackers down from the attic.  My home is scented with vanilla, not only from cookies baking in the oven, but from the glow of far too many candles.  Perhaps I'm going overboard, but like Scrooge at the end of the story, I want to shout from every window.  "I love Christmas."
How miraculous is that!

To have TIME to shop is wonderful.  To be on the other side of the counter is even better.  My gifts, for once, are thoughtful and wrapped with care.  No more gift cards.  No more store-bought cookies.  I can actually partake of happy hours and teas.  I can decorate every room with garland and silver bows.  The one thing, I can't do though, is listen to Christmas carols.  I'm not sure I'll be able to stomach Jingle Bells ever again!
















Sharing this post with the festive bloggers at Visible Monday.

Happy Holidays, Everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas, now that you can enjoy it! You look great, love those gloves - and thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fantastic! I love the green jacket:)

    ReplyDelete