Monday, December 23, 2013

Mimi Wears Velvet

For years now, Mimi has been after me to wear velvet all year long.  I tend to only do so during December.  But you know what?  I think I'm finally going to listen to that little voice of hers.  Beginning today.

I will pack this long velvet dress in my suitcase to take with me to Baja.  We are leaving the day after Christmas for our annual road trip down there.  I will throw it on for my morning walks, pairing it with a chunky sweater and toasty warm Uggs.  A new year is just around the corner and I intend to live it with even more whimsy.  I'm going to mix and match my wardrobe to correspond with the scatter-brained itineraries I'm planning.  In 2014, I am going to travel WIDE and travel SLOW.  All with that kooky, individual style Mimi keeps trying to coax out of me.  

"It's about time," Mimi says.

"Indeed, it is."  If not now, when?

Happy New Year, Everybody!
See you next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment