Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Rock & Roll Diner

Favorite Pit Stops


It didn't take long before my travel buddy broke out in song.

There ain't nothing in the world like a big eyed girl
That makes me act so funny, make me spend my money
Make me feel real loose like a long necked goose
Like a girl, oh baby, that's what I like.

He does this a lot.  His short term memory (dare I say) is slipping a bit, but man, oh, man, he has this uncanny ability to belt out the entire lyrics of songs from the 50's and 60's.  As a boy, his most cherished Christmas present was a transistor radio and it was never OFF.  This Rock and Roll Diner in Oceano, California, triggered a nonstop soliloquy of lyrics.  When he started to sing nah, nah, nah from Cherry Pie even the strangers in the booth next to us took note and smiled.

We love this place.  We've been stopping here for years.  The diner is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and has an interesting menu of American, Greek and Mexican appetizers and entrees.  We are now old enough to order from the Senior's Menu and it no longer embarrasses us.  A cheddar cheese and bacon omelet for only $5.95?  Are you kidding me?  I tell you,  growing old has its perks!  We lingered over coffee and listened to the songs of Jerry Lee Lewis, Chubby Checker and Bo Diddley.  A great way to start a day!



No comments:

Post a Comment