Sunday, August 18, 2013

El Andaluz

El Andaluz is a condominium/office complex, located in downtown Santa Barbara, California.  The mosaic tiles, galvanized steel balconies, colorful awnings, graceful arches,  lamps, artwork, and ceramic pots all coexist to form an appealing collage of pure delight.  It reminds me of Morocco or Barcelona.  But with a twist!  Every time I walk underneath these beautiful arches, I see something new.
The architect is Jeff Sherman and his buildings are beginning to pop up all over the city.  Employing local artisans for the whimsical details, his singular style is gaining in popularity.  He has won many awards, and I suspect that "Jeff Sherman Style" will soon be copied, both here and elsewhere.  (I can only hope.)  His buildings are full of joy and masterful workmanship.  How often have you heard someone comment, "They don't make buildings like they used to."  Well, not in this case!

I thought El Andaluz would be an appropriate setting for Patti's Visible Monday post.  I hope all of you will be as delighted by this kaleidoscope of a building as I am.   
Enjoy!






5 comments:

  1. what a fabulous building - it looks very old world and has so many surprises. Thanks for sharing the beauty with Visible Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful building, I would love to visit Santa Barbara next time I'm in CA... just lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos, thanks for stopping by my blog. Love your shoes and pretty dress! Great haircut too.

    blue hue wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glorious building! Thank you for the mini-tour. I'll have to Google more from the architect. Lovely backdrop for your drop-dead elegant dress. Dresses, actually ... the layers are delicious. But the shoooooose! So perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Jan. This sheer dress has turned out to be very versatile. I also like to wear it beltless over jeans, but it's fun to dress up every once in awhile. I don't do it enough.

    ReplyDelete